General Information and Policies
- Applicants enrolling in the Semi Academy Professional Truck Driver Training agree to meet the admissions requirements as follows:
- Complete any enrollment application and other supporting documentation as required and be interviewed by a Semi Academy staff member.
- Maintain a valid Michigan drivers license.
- Be eligible for or maintain a Michigan CDL license.
- Maintain a motor vehicle report that meets the requirements of the Motor Carrier Federal Safety Regulations, section 391, Qualifications of Drivers.
- The student agrees to follow Semi Academy's rules, regulations and policies regarding attendance and conduct during training. Failure to comply with the these policies may mean dismissal and resultant loss of training.
- Students at completion of training must meet all requirements and be able to satisfactorily demonstrate all equipment and academic skills set forth in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Pocketbook, U.S. Department of transportation, and State of Michigan Commercial Drivers License regulations to obtain a C.D.L. License.
- Federal and State law prohibit schools from using any type of language that implies a "job guarantee". Your training is not a guarantee of a job offer or employment.
- The student is responsible for obtaining his/her license and any endorsements.
- The student gives authorization to use his/her name or picture in any further promotional material that Semi Academy may produce.
It is understood that the student must meet and maintain the admissions requirements as stated in number 1 above. It is further understood that the federal motor carrier safety regulations pocketbook sets the minimum age for drivers in interstate commerce at 21 years. However, drivers between the ages of 18 and 21 that possess a valid commercial driver's license may drive intrastate.